A Word About The President…
Laurie Edwards-Tate, M.S., is the founding president of the At Your Home Familycare home care agency and has been a Home Care Aide CEO for over 31 years. As a native San Diegan, healthcare professional and Life Credentialed community college teacher, Edwards-Tate is committed to quality care and work force training.
In 1991, Edwards-Tate became a member of the California Association of Health Service at Home (“CASHSAH”). Edwards-Tate was appointed to serve as the first elected member of the board to represent the Home Care Aide Steering Committee.
The following are highlights of her home care career:
- Initiation and development of the California Uniform Standards of Training for the HomeCare Aide field (Tri-level Program).
- Initiation and integration of the national term, Home Care Aide, into California healthcare industry jargon.
- Initiation and development of accreditation through collaboration with CHAP.
- Development of a Home Care Aide Training Program through SDSU College of Extended Studies.
- Development of the Online Learning Academy for caregiver training — one of the first in the country.
- As a member of Washington, DC NAHC, Edwards-Tate serves on the Home Care Aide Association of America Advisory Board; and, Private Duty Home Care Association Advisory Board.
- Received commendation from FACT for Partnership Appreciation. Recently joined the FACT Board of Directors.
- Edwards-Tate has testified in public hearings on key legislation impacting Home Care.
- Edwards-Tate is an honorary CEO against MS for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pacific South Coast chapter.
The Following organizations represent the breadth of Edwards-Tate’s community relationships:
- AIS Caregiver Coalition
- Vendor Coalition for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- San Diego Regional Home Care Council
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego North County Chamber of Commerce
- Rancho Bernardo Business Council
- Better Business Bureau of San Diego
- Home Care Aide Steering Committee of the California Association for Health Services at Home
- Home Care Aide Advisory Board of the Home Care Aide Association of America
- Elected to Nominating Committee of the National Association for Homecare Aide Hospice
- Elected to Nominating Committee of the California Association for Health Services at Home
Laurie Edwards-Tate is the proud, thrice-recipient of the San Diego Business Journal’s “Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses” award. And, awarded as one of San Diego’s Fastest Growing 100 Privately Held Companies, 2008.