Are your memory lapses the first signs of Alzheimer’s disease? I’m Laurie Edwards-Tate with “LifeCycles.”
The earlier Alzheimer’s can be diagnosed, the better your chances for controlling it.
Johns Hopkins has a list of 12 signs and symptoms you should watch for. They include:
- misplacing belongings in odd places;
- difficulty finding the right word for a common object;
- difficulty with handling money;
- disorientation in unfamiliar places;
- avoiding social situations;
- taking much longer to complete routine tasks;
- anger in response to forgetfulness.
If you are at all concerned about yourself or a loved one, do not hesitate to ask a doctor to take a closer look.
Click the play button to listen: