A Word About The President…
Laurie Edwards-Tate, M.S., is the founding president of the At Your Home Familycare home care agency and has been a Home Care Aide CEO for over 31 years. As a native San Diegan, healthcare professional and Life Credentialed community college teacher, Edwards-Tate is committed to quality care and work force training.
In 1991, Edwards-Tate became a member of the California Association of Health Service at Home (“CASHSAH”). Edwards-Tate was appointed to serve as the first elected member of the board to represent the Home Care Aide Steering Committee.
The following are highlights of her home care career:
- Initiation and development of the California Uniform Standards of Training for the HomeCare Aide field (Tri-level Program).
- Initiation and integration of the national term, Home Care Aide, into California healthcare industry jargon.
- Initiation and development of accreditation through collaboration with CHAP.
- Development of a Home Care Aide Training Program through SDSU College of Extended Studies.
- Development of the Online Learning Academy for caregiver training — one of the first in the country.
- As a member of Washington, DC NAHC, Edwards-Tate serves on the Home Care Aide Association of America Advisory Board; and, Private Duty Home Care Association Advisory Board.
- Received commendation from FACT for Partnership Appreciation. Recently joined the FACT Board of Directors.
- Edwards-Tate has testified in public hearings on key legislation impacting Home Care.
- Edwards-Tate is an honorary CEO against MS for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pacific South Coast chapter.
The Following organizations represent the breadth of Edwards-Tate’s community relationships:
- AIS Caregiver Coalition
- Vendor Coalition for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- San Diego Regional Home Care Council
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego North County Chamber of Commerce
- Rancho Bernardo Business Council
- Better Business Bureau of San Diego
- Home Care Aide Steering Committee of the California Association for Health Services at Home
- Home Care Aide Advisory Board of the Home Care Aide Association of America
- Elected to Nominating Committee of the National Association for Homecare Aide Hospice
- Elected to Nominating Committee of the California Association for Health Services at Home
Laurie Edwards-Tate is the proud, thrice-recipient of the San Diego Business Journal’s “Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses” award. And, awarded as one of San Diego’s Fastest Growing 100 Privately Held Companies, 2008.
AT YOUR HOME FAMILYCARE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON BY VIRTUE OF AGE, RELIGION, RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, PREFERRED SEXUAL IDENDITY OR DISABILITY.